Voice Powered Systems... Simple, Low-Cost, and Maintenance-Free Communication.
David Clark Company Voice-Powered Communication Systems operate by the power of your own voice – no AC or DC power source is required. Your voice travels to a transmitter causing fluctuations in a magnetic circuit, creating a current powerful enough to operate up to six headsets for a distance of several miles, depending on your application. No batteries or electricity is required.
Voice-Powered Systems have found their way into a wide variety of applications from airplane assembly and deicing, to construction sites…in-plant maintenance to highway traffic control and rescue operations ― virtually any moderate noise environment that requires a dependable, easy-to-use, low-cost and maintenance-free communication system.A variety of fixed and portable system configurations are available, comprised of noise-attenuating headsets, cords and accessories. All system components are designed for dependable operation in the harshest environments.
- Voice Powered Systems should not be grounded.
- Do not put cable in same conduit with electrical wires.
- For simplicity and flexibility all headsets are compatible and interchangeable. Headsets are provided with a 30-inch cord, terminating in a plug.
- Headsets, jumper cords and extension cords operate over a 2 conductor, 20 AWG cord.
- Phone plugs and jacks on headsets, extension cords, jack plates and junction boxes are compatible.